Friday, November 17, 2006

Egads!

Has it really been that long since I posted anything here. Oopsies!

Well, I've had a lot of highs and a lot of loooows this week. Yesterday, well, discovered the vinyl siding of our house on one side was blown off the day before. We had sustained winds of 40mph with gusts as high as 60mph! As my Mom said, "A little hurricane came through here." So I have an exposed part of my house which is like an open sore. Anything can get in and "infect" my house, even though I've been reassured it's all in my head. Okay...whatever. It's still an ugly sight to see though.

Matthew had his 3rd grade play last night! It was neat. He was in the choir portion of the whole thing. I wish I had brought the tripod because I was a little preoccupied with Lauren...so there are lots of movement in the pictures. Eric took still photos with the digi camera and still haven't looked at those. I'm afraid to look. LOL! I'll post what I can of those later.

Bobby should be home for Christmas vacation......Dec.18-Jan.2. He was hoping for more time off since he has over 60 days of leave that he has acquired from his tours to Iraq. We are still up in the air on when he will come back for Thanksgiving. From what he tells me, he might have to "work" the Wednesday before the holiday. If so, he will leave after his duty and drive then. Problem: Means he'll get here Thanksgiving morning. I think he wanted to sleep-in...not sleep-through...that day. Hopefully, the command there, will be nice and let him have Wednesday off so he can travel that day. What? Be nice......yeah, right!

You won't believe what I did yesterday afternoon? Really. You won't. I.....spent 2 hours on the floor....legs spread (get your head out of the gutter guys!!!!)....surrounded by........Christmas wrapping paper and ribbon! I wrapped all the gifts, minus layaway, that I had in my closet. I only have 2 people yet to get for......and, of course, they are men! I spent all of Lauren's nap time and got it done! Now I just have to keep the cats off of them (don't want their nails from their hind legs to tear up the hard work I did) and keep Lauren away (she now has hands and fingers that are nimble enough to pull at wrapping paper and tear it to shreds!)

Well, that is all for this week. Next week, well....we'll be up North with family.

NaNa...if you are reading this....the orders are in. Matthew wants lots and lots and lots of mashed potatoes and Eric wants lots and lots and lots of turkey!!! LOL! Oh, they crack me up!

No comments: