Monday, July 02, 2007

Believe it!~(Japanese, "Dattebayo")

I haven't posted in a while and thought I would discuss the new joy in my life. Anime and Manga of Naruto!

The family and I have been watching Naruto marathons trying to catch up with the Japanese. We Americans and other nations are almost 4 years behind them. Cartoon Network, if they keep Naruto going, can't catch up fast enough. Then the manga (Japanese comics) is over 150 chapters ahead of the Japanese anime...so that makes other nations...what?....okay, more than that!

So now, after finally catching up this weekend (and waiting for the next Japanese episode), I've found free online manga to catch up with that. Gosh, how I love this.

Some, I know, think I'm weird. Geez, I'll be 36 next month and have this weird fascination to a cartoon. I know, I know. But hey, I know a few adult females who have weird fascinations for World of Warcraft and Halo!! LOL! Oh, yes! I could name some names but won't. LOL!

So why do I love this cartoon that once annoyed me to no end. I thought it was one of those stupid raunchy, idiotic ones that Cartoon Network is known for. But no. I watched every Saturday evening with the boys and accidently got caught up. Then every Saturday I was excited, elated for 8pm to roll around. And would be quietly depressed if it was missed (rarely, I might add).

Then one day, I discovered that there were more episodes...but not shown here yet. What? No!!! And then found out that CN was 4 years behind. I had THAT many episodes to watch? Trust me. Overjoyed is a very low-key term here.

So here I am.....almost 2 weeks and most of my days filled with online Japanese, English-subbed episodes of Naruto. And my heart breaks because we have to wait now for the next episode to air in Japan and then wait for it to be subbed in English. Ho-hum.......

So manga keeps me company. Back to reading............

But wait! I digressed. Why do I love this Japanese anime? It's a true to life story. The bonds we create as children. Our characters that form from very different lives. Friendship. Love. Hate. Lots of comedy. But, in the end, too never give up our dreams and hopes. Teamwork is the key. Too never go it alone. Never give up. Too fight for what is most cherished to you (your friends and family). And, most of all....revenge will never give you peace, but only sorrow and loss.

As Naruto would say........"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!"

"Dattebayo"....Believe it!!

No comments: