Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lauren's First Stomach Virus....a milestone

I heard Lauren when I was running this morning but I wanted to finish my 6 minutes that I had left. I thought she was up way tooo early anyway by her usual time frame. I finish the run and take my shower, she was quiet so I thought she fell back to sleep. She probably did. Well, at 7am, I hear her again and go in. The smell over took me! UGH! Not poo! It was the disgusting smell of a "virus". You know that smell, after your child vomits! UGH! I turn on the light and there was vomit everywhere. She was covered from head to toe! It was all over her crib, the stuffed animals....everything. My poor baby!!!!!!!!!! I rushed hurriedly to the bathroom and washed her hair and rinsed her off. My poor baby!!!!!!!!!!! Then I dried her, put her in clean clothes, and then breast fed her. She seemed okay then. I then put her on the living room floor and hurriedly pulled her sheets and stuffed animals out of the crib...sprayed it down with Lysol...and then turned the washer on HOT water and washed everything...including the stuffed animals. I'm sure some of those will be ruined. Then I made her some oatmeal and fed her that and a jar of bananas. Didn't make it half way....she projectiled all over ME!!!!! UGH! She didn't even give a warning. It just came up. She didn't even cry. I then took all my clothes off. Wiped her down and pulled her formerly clean clothes off. Threw, what I was feeding her, away. Some of the vomit got in the bowl. Ewwww! I feel like a chicken with her head cut off! Finally, got myself redressed. Thank God, I bought some Emetrol. Gave her a tsp of that and made her a bottle of Gatorade (since that is all I have at the moment....will have to get the baby stuff later).

Well, now it's a little after 3pm. She made it through lunch, took a 3 hour nap, then I breast fed her. Not even a minute after she finished did she upchuck her lunch from three hours prior and the breast milk that she just drank. Great. Now my bed is covered with 6 undigested fries (the boys gave her on our way home from Lowes~~Matthew had to build a birdhouse for Cub Scouts) from McD's, diluted Gatorade, Gerber oatmeal, and bananas. Wonderful. I think I have washed 3 loads of vomit covered clothing, towels, and bedding. For one small child, she sure does have a lot of puke.

No comments: