Monday, February 19, 2007

Only Matthew

The trip to Houston was filled with loads of drama. Yeah, D-R-A-M-A! You see this is how it began.......

We leave the house at 9am to drop Daisy off at the boarding facility. Poor Daisy. She was soooo scared. Literally shaking. I fill out the paperwork, unhook her collar, kiss her good-bye and left.

We drive to the nearest gas station to the school we are all to meet at. Bobby fills up the tank, I buy Matthew a bag of chips and all of us a soda for the trip.

We arrive at the elementary school around 9:45am (we were to be there at 10am). Matthew gets out to play with his friends while we wait for the whole group to arrive. It wasn't until almost 10:30am that we finally leave. Matthew's friend, Nathan, asks if Matthew can ride with them. Sure. I didn't care. Bad mistake!

We were maybe a half hour out of Bryan-College Station (home of Texas A&M University), the leader of the caravan (the pack leader) pulls over. Now he has everyone's cell number and we have his. The assistant leader kept the rear. So we all pull over. We didn't know what was going on. Until...........................

Nathan's dad gets out of his van. The pack leader walks directly to him. Next thing you know they are walking to our van. Uh-oh! I get out (wondering what was going on). Nathan's dad is smiling. It can't be that bad. Famous last words. He comes to me, smiling, and tells me there was an accident in his van. Matthew got car sick. We get to Matthew and he is covered in red soda and orange Doritos (the soda and chips I bought him for the trip). His uniform was ruined. The front seat (projectile) was covered. The seat he was in was covered. The floor was covered. This was NOT our van but Nathan's. I-chihuahua!! We used all of Lauren's wipes to clean up. Matthew had to put on his tomorrow clothes. The rest of the way....he rode with us. I was mortified. Embarrased. If I had a shovel, I would have dug myself a hole to China.

Nathan's dad was okay with all of this. He was laughing actually. We promised to pay the cleaning bill or we would clean it ourselves. Thankfully, he was a dad that had been there, done that.

The rest of the trip was uneventful. But I think from now on......Matthew will carry a barf bag around his neck on long trips!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not Again! Yep only Matthew...lol