Monday, May 07, 2007

The Sweetest Things............

.......are sometimes those that are unexpected. Are not always an "I Love You." Are like a warm, cozy blanket on a cold, blustery day.

Bobby and I got into an argument over the phone. I won't go into the gist of it but I felt jealous and hurt at the same time. He knew it. By the end of the phone call, I was still upset but there wasn't any heated discussion involved anymore. I was drained of trying to make my point so I just shut up. It might of sounded like the silent treatment but it was better than beating my head up against his "brick wall." And I was just plain tired of arguing. There wasn't a reason anymore.

We hung up. I was still hurt. He was still hurt.

Hours later he called back. I had no clue what he wanted since the last phone call.

He said, after the hello's, "I'm sorry." That was all I needed. I went to bed feeling like a giddy teenager....all mushy inside.

Thank you!

I love you, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just gave me goosebumps.... Don't you just love LOVE? *smiles*

Lindsay said...

aww thats so sweet when the man actually says that....it means so much!