Saturday, May 19, 2007

A wandering she did go............

As usual, Lauren is NOT wanting to take a nap. For a few weeks now she has been posting nap "strikes." So I decide to take her outside in the backyard. Burn some energy ya know.

We have a chain link fence. She's outside playing. I'm outside with her trying to decide what to do. So I decide to get some weed killer and start spraying weeds. Got that done. Then threw the empty bottle away. I go inside and grab this new garden hose reel I just bought. Went back outside and Lauren is still playing (digging in the dirt.) So here I am attaching the hoses together so this thing will wind up our extra long garden hose.

I'm so into what I'm doing I don't hear my chain link fence's gate open. She is so sneaky and gifted to do that with out even a "klink" when the metal hits metal. As I turn around, when I'm done (took me maybe 2 minutes), my dog is gone and so is Lauren. I notice the gate is open. I run out the gate hollering Lauren's name. At that same moment, I could give a rat's "you know what" about Daisy. Lauren is NO WHERE!

I'm screaming her name. Most of my neighbor's aren't home but at work. I'm screaming and screaming. I go to one neighbor's house, older gentleman (who I woke up from sheer fear), and tell him what is going on and he says he'll help me. So as I am running up and down the street, mind you we are surrounded by a wooded area and a heavily traveled road (a farm road that nobody seems to follow the speed limit on) that my street connects too, and I'm going nuts. Daisy appears out of nowhere. Of course, she is no use. Heidi would have tracked Lauren down....Daisy isn't that smart. Well, this man (redneck for sure) has her on his hip while holding a little boy (obviously his) and is bringing her around the corner. He said he heard me screaming and deduced that this little girl must belong to the voice that is screaming hysterically. CORRECT assumption dude! I, at that point, broke down in tears and hysterics. And the older gentleman I woke up, had just walked outside from his house. I woke him up for nothing. I was soooo sorry and thanked him generously.

I brought her back inside and then realized I still hadn't caught Daisy. LOL! I wasn't exactly in any hurry to catch her at that time. But, yes, Daisy has been caught and is in the back yard which now has locks on both gate doors for neither to escape from.

Lauren is right now on the living room table dancing, hoping her moves will earn her a cinnamon teddy graham. And my new coffee has just arrived by UPS, just in time to settle my nerves that just went through havoc.

No comments: