Monday, January 21, 2008

Nodame Cantabile

Photobucket

Yeah, this is a first for me. I'm doing a review on a Japanese live action drama BASED on an actual anime/manga named Nodame Cantabile.

I know many of you think I'm a nut, freak, fanatic, possible loon when it's comes to the Japanese art form. LOL! I'd have to agree if it wasn't me.

This series caught my eye after watching the anime itself. For a first time female viewer of anime, this should be the one to watch! It's funny, entertaining, and heartwarming. You find yourself routing for Nodame and begging Chiaki-senpai to not give up on her. And it's wonderful because it has wonderful classical orchestra music. If you don't believe me, ask Eric. My 13 year old heard me watching it...walked over and watched it online with me. He became as hooked as I was.

If subtitles don't bother you, please watch it. It's a great experience to try new things and learn about another culture. This one anime is a sure thing. After watching the anime series, go to the live action series which follows the anime to a "T". You'll fall in love with Tamaki Hiroshi who plays the character of Chiaki Shinichi.

After watching the series, I found myself hunting movies with Tamaki Hiroshi (in Japan, the surname is first). Eric and I found WaterBoys. Loved it. That will be another review in and by itself...LOL!

No comments: