Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kamsahamnida

"I am grateful."

We picked up Eric's cellphone yesterday.  Same drill, different day. 


Anyway, the lady at the counter (another beautiful Korean woman) gave Lauren a "display" cellphone since the rest of us got a new phone.  The display phone is actually a real phone but doesn't turn on.  To top it off, she gave Lauren one of those cellphone accessories you attach to the phone.    Lauren chose one that has a light on the end.  When you squeeze it, it lights up.

Most Americans don't have these but in Asia...it's like having several keychains attached to the phone.  Notice, the attachment I have has a fake ruby set in a little pig.  I chose this because...don't laugh...I was born the year of the pig.

After Eric got his phone (he got all those fun things too), we were about to leave.  I bent down and whispered in Lauren's ear, "Tell the nice lady kamsahamnida."  Lauren repeats, "Kamsah-ida."  The lady at the counter....melted.

Nothing like having a cute four year-old girl say, "kamsahamnida."

*This pic is of my phone and the goodies given to me.  Isn't the little cellphone purse cute?*







No comments: