Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Another day in the life............

Ahh! Just blew my nose. It's clear for the next minute or so before I'll have to blow it again. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Curse the cold virus! My nose is raw and sores are forming from the blowing and the cold, dry air that has now chapped the skin that surrounds the two caves that allow human breathing. My head floats above my shoulders from the use of medication that is supposed to dry up the waterfall of sinus drainage. Instead it leaves me a little light-headed. My throat is red and raw from the constant coughing and clearing of said drainage. Can I just be a cat? They have the life....eat, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, poop/pee, eat, sleep, sleep, sleep, and sleep some more. Now that is the life....................

Last night was "scout night" as I have termed it. The night where I wish there were two of me. I drop Matt off at the elementary school, we might hang around awhile to hear the latest news, then Eric, Lauren, and I (plus a few older scouts that I might take with us) leave for Boy Scouts in the next town. We always arrive just when it starts. I drop Eric and the others off. I leave and head back to Matthew's meeting just in time to pick him up and head back to Eric's meeting where we sit for an hour of doing nothing. Okay, I might be chasing Lauren around the DAV and Matthew brings his GameBoy and plays that to whittle away the time. What fun! NOT!

Then it's a rush to get back home, put everyone to bed, and to lie there wishing for death to take me because I have this "bleeping" cold.

On a good note:
Eric has his very first band concert on the 11th. A Chrsitmas concert. He's very excited. They will be playing 4 songs and then the Honor Band will play. If Eric gets better, he can play in the Honor Band next year. I'm looking forward to this.........my baby's in the band.

Must go now. My nose is in need of clearing.....again.

No comments: