Saturday, December 09, 2006

Score!!!!

Wednesday, December 6th

Well, most of you have seen my "polka-dot" pictures. If you haven't...scroll down. This is the story of this most fateful day................

I run. I shower. I notice a few dots trailing up from my right hip to the underside of my left breast. I freak out. I thought I had scabies! Ewww! I freak out some more. "How did I get this?" I ask myself. So I spend most of my morning fretting over this.

Later in the morning, I go do my business in the bathroom and decided while I'm in there I'll have another look-see in the mirror of these dots. After flushing the toilet, I go the the mirror in my bathroom and raise my shirt. "What the hell?" I scream to myself. The few dots were now all over my abdomen, both boobs, my chest, my sides......and as I take off my shirt.....notice them on my upper arms. Aaaaaaaagh! What happened. So now I'm frantic. I immediately call the same-day appointment line on post. No appointments. They are all full. Of course they are. I decide to head out to the ER. The dreaded ER. Ugh! Luckily Lauren has already eaten. But I hadn't. Oh well. "I'll eat when I get home." I think to myself.

We get to the ER. It's 11:30am. Not noon yet. As I walk in, every seat is filled and some people were standing up against the walls. Ugh!!!!! It's going to be a long wait. And it was. It took them an hour to just triage me. You know....the nurse assesses you, takes your vitals and determines if you are going to die in the next minute. Well, to make this as short as possible, we were there for 4 hours. At that time, it being 3:30pm, the boys should be home. I call. No answer. Okay. I'll just wait a few more minutes. Them being boys and all were probably taking the long route home. So at 3:35pm, I call no answer. Okay. My heart beating a little faster, I wait a few more minutes more. It's 3:40pm. I call. No freaking answer. I'm getting panicky. "Where are the boys?" Fear is now squeazing my heart. So every minute on the minute I'm calling the home phone. No answer.

Now I'm freaking out. I know I'm about to be called. The people that I knew that were there before me were being called back. I was getting closer. But where were my boys. Something was wrong. Go home or wait to be called. I went home, of course! So on the way home I'm whipping in and out of traffic with my cell phone stuck to my ear. Yeah, I was that person I most despise....an erratic cell phone driver. I think what usually takes 15 minutes to get home took me 5. I get home and there by the porch are their backpacks. So I drive my truck around the street to their friend's house. I knock on the door and there they were. I'm yelling. My heart is pounding. Out of fear, out of anger, out of fear. In that time of yelling, Eric tells me he forgot his key. Eeergh! Of all the days he has to forget his key..........

I go on and on about how he should have called my cell phone to let me know where they were at. I could still be at the ER waiting patiently for my name to be called. (And I just know as soon as I walked out they called it. I just know it.) Eric tells me that he doesn't know my cell phone number. Okay. Mental note: Give Eric my cell phone number.

Then as we walk in the door, Eric proclaims....."Mom, IF I HAD A CELL PHONE, you could have gotten a hold of me and you wouldn't have been worried."

Score, Eric.

Eric 1, Mom 0

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

What an eventful day! Well...did you go back to the ER or are you just going to find a OTC "something"?

Unknown said...

Lindsay, I went back the next morning. The wait this time was only an hour or so. They don't know what my rash is or what is causing it. They just gave me prescription strenght Benadryl. It is so strong that it takes only 30 minutes to kick in and wipe me out! LOL!

Lindsay said...

Oh wow! lol