Monday, August 20, 2007

Heroine Diaries!

You can't quit until you try
You can't live until you die
You can't learn to tell the truth
Until you learn to lie
You can't breathe until you choke
You gotta laugh when you're the joke
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive


I'm soooooo looking forward to this book to come out tomorrow. I'll be at Walmart with bells on that is for sure. Why am I excited about this? This is about the life of rockstar, Nikki Sixx, bassist/co-founder of the most controversial, talked about, and loved band Motley Crue.



Geez, this will date me.....I was in 6th grade when Shout at the Devil came out. Yikes! That can't be. I'm not THAT OLD. And, yes, I have that album on vinyl!



Anyway, the book talks about his life during that period and how his life spiraled out-of-control and eventually he became a heroine addict. Its fascinating stuff. It's amazing how dying woke him up. Yes, he died. And he was brought back to life by an amazing ER team. Wow! I'll always love Motley Crue...the good and the bad. And I just read that Nikki Sixx is a family man. A family man? Whoa Nelly!



I can't wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother is a huge Motley Crue fan. I actually have his copy of "Motley Crue|The Dirt" sitting next to me because he left it by accident last time he was here. Enjoy it!

Sarah said...

Did you ever find the book? He was my favorite of the band!

Unknown said...

No, I haven't gotten it. *sigh* I haven't had time to get to the mall. Should have gone Saturday but we didn't. But I will get it. I think about it everyday. I wonder if the PX carries it. I have to go there Wednesday to pick up refills. I'll have to look. If worst comes to worst...I'll just order the damn thing. LOL!

Sarah said...

Hastings has it, or so I was told.