Thursday, September 06, 2007

Being neighborly............

This morning was a wet and drizzly morning. I woke to constant flashes of light from the window. A storm must have passed through. Ugh! Not good.

Well, I woke up before the alarm went off...by 15 minutes. So I got up. I habitually walked to the kitchen, let the dog out, made my coffee, let the dog back in (had too because it was wet outside), and walked to the bathroom. Ugh.

I get dressed for my morning treadmill run. Not in the mood, but I must. I didn't run yesterday. Ugh.

So, I go back, habitually, to the kitchen, poor my coffee, and amble back to the living room to my trusted laptop. I boot it up. While it does it's thing, I stretch a bit and put on my Nike's. I log on to my regular sites, habitually. Nothing much going on at either of my favorite forums. Ugh.

I go and wake up Bobby. He has to be at work early this morning. Takes a couple of tries but he finally gets up. I then walk to my treadmill, discover the knob on the release is gone (Lauren!), and hunt for that. Found it! And screwed it back on. I then pull the knob and lower the treamill board down. Ugh. I get on, look at the console and deliberate. Do I really want to do this? "Not really," I think to myself. But I turn it on. I run not even 2 minutes and realize even if I wanted to, my hamstrings and glutes are still sore from yesterday's yoga. Ugh.

I then get off but decide to leave my exercise clothes on. I'll do an episode of yoga again or I'll do Leslie Sansone's 4-Mile Super Challenge walk. Guilt can do amazing things, I tell ya.

Well, Matthew wakes up an hour early. He throws up. He had sinus crap all in his stomach. Allergies! I have the same problem going on. Kleenex and I are inseparable. Ugh. Anyway, he starts to feel better. Nothing a warm, generic Sprite can't do. He then goes ahead and eats breakfast minus milk, just in case. Then gets ready for school. Yep, he's feeling better.

The hour ticks by and Eric is up and doing his morning routine for school. The rain has passed. Matthew is puke free. Guilt is still eating at me. Ugh

I then decide that it's not raining, Lauren and I will go 'round the neighborhood. I gather up my iPod, my Propel, Lauren's milk and cookies, and the stroller. Yep, I'm glad I decided this because the rain has cooled the breeze. It's humid but nothing a breeze can't fix. Oh yeah.

As I warm up, the walk turns into a jog and away we go. It's humid all right. My clothes were sticking to me. Sweat was running into my eyes. Ugh. That's okay. Sweat is good. I'm not afraid of sweat. I actually like it.

So as I'm beep-boppin' along, I hear a horn. I'm going about my business. Surely, it's not for me. I slightly turn my head and notice a small white car slowing down next to me. The lady in the car rolls down the windows and starts gesturing to me. I slow down and take out one of the earphones from my iPod out of my left ear. She asks me if I'm okay. I look at her like "huh?" She says I'm running like the devil is after me. I then gesture to my iPod, my Propel bottle, Lauren and her snacks and then procede to tell her that I'm okay. She says she has never done this but was worried because I look like I've been crying. The running "away" had her thinking I was literally running from something. I then tell her that the sweat is in my eyes and that is why my eyes are red. They are on "fire" from the salt from the sweat. I then told her sorry for getting her worried but at the same time told her "Thank you!" How many neighbors/strangers do you know who would take the time to help you out of a possible hectic situation? I don't know many, if at all one.

I get home feeling good. Guilt was gone. A neighbor was willing to "save" me. Lauren wasn't a pain. My eyes......looked like someone put hot pokers through them. Ugh.

No comments: