Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Land of Free, Home of the Brave and then there's the Idiots!

Two complaints after living here and not a one is against a Korean or the Korean government.  Oh, no!  It's with the stupid Americans.

Let me start with rant Numero Uno......

I just got done dropping off Lauren at Pre-K.  I walked over a mile from the center to the PX.  Why not ride the bus?  I had to get some kind of exercise in.....(misses treadmill).  Of course, I have to off set the morning walk with a venti sized Frappaccino from Starbucks.  God love them!  I go outside after buying my Espresso Chip Frappaccino and sit at the outside cafe.  I'm relaxing waiting for the next bus to come since I would need that to take me to the walkout gate.  So I'm sitting there and I over hear a conversation.  No, I wasn't eavesdropping...the girl was practically raving into the phone.  She moaned and groaned and yelled that she hadn't had a haircut in 5 months and that the PX was charging $21.  She wasn't going to pay that for a haircut.  I practically choked on my Frap when I realized that was her beef.  What?  Oh, dear!  It's $21!!!  Puh-leassssse!  If she was just getting her bangs cut....then fine.  But a haircut for hair that hadn't been cut in 5 months?!!!!  Golly gee wiz!!!  First of all, we are NOT in the States and no where near a Walmart, if that was the problem.  Did she really expect a haircut for less than $20?  An adult cut at Walmart, the last I remember, was $16.  Holy Mary Mother of God!  So she kept this raving mad lunatic gripe over the phone for the whole time I sucked down my venti sized Frap.  And no less to her husband, who was obviously at work.  Seriously, I was more peeved that she called her husband to have a hissy fit over a haircut. And I, seriously, couldn't understand her complaint.  The hair salon hear at Humphreys is an all service salon (nails, massage, waxing,....)  And to top it off, three cute Korean males to do it for her.  Was this absolutely necessary?  I wanted to pull rank on her and give her a "what for."  Stupid woman.....

Okay.....that rant is done......

On to the other, Numero Dos......

Today, as I was riding the bus to pick Lauren up from Pre-K (funny how it always happens when it has something to do with Lauren), we stopped to pick up a large amount of soldiers.  Since this was around noon, they were obviously on their way to mess hall or to the PX for lunch.  I'm sitting there minding my own business.  The soldiers were a little loud and boisterous.  Understandable...it's lunch time which is also break time.  As we go on our way, we are also picking up Korean soldiers (KATUSA's -Korean Augmentation Training w/the US Army-these soldiers also wear the American uniform).  After about 10 minutes on the bus, the American soldiers started getting loud again.  But this time, the talking was unnerving and totally racial.  My hairs stood on end.  I couldn't believe they talked the crap they did with the KATUSA's on board.  I, at that moment, wished I could bury my head in the sand.  Seriously, how would anybody feel if some foreigner kept spouting bull about how their country was stupid and so behind.  Seriously, the Park Jaebeom fiasco went round in my head.  I'm not even quoting exactly what they said because it was some seriously harsh stuff.  And most of you have to understand, those KATUSA's understand English.  It's a requirement for them to.  How they could listen to that crap and not go postal, I don't know.  At that moment in time, I understood why so many countries hated the United States of America to be in their country.  No respect or tolerance.  No couth.  No maturity and brains.  They were a slap in the face to all Americans!  Stupid soldiers.....

Now, I feel so much better.......

No comments: