Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mario Cuomo

THANK YOU!

Yesterday on GMA, they showed he and his cameraman being attacked while sitting in an armored humvee with the 1st Cav. Division's military police. He and his cameraman are all right. Thank God! I mention him because as I watched in awe with what happened, I sat here on my couch all most in tears. These guys (soldiers) weren't afraid. Yes, a bit of cursing when they came upon an IED but other than that they went about the rest of their time securing the perimeter, making sure all was all right, and making me feel damn proud of them. DAMN PROUD!

Heroes, that is what they are. I couldn't be more prouder than I already am. But I am. I see them in a new and different light. It somehow made me more prouder to be an American. And it made me more prouder to be an Army wife.

I am proud of my husband.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hadn't heard of that yet....I bet you are proud! I am too!

Sarah said...

I know how you feel. When I saw 4-9 Cav (a battalion of 1st Cavalry Divison for any civilan wondering) on ABC Evening news I jumped right up off my sofa. It wasn't Jeremy but it was our squadron! Soooooooo "close to home!" I feel proud of all of them but when I see those Cav shields I get extra excited...lol.

It does make you feel good to know you are a part of something important, a part of history more than most Americans are.

Not every man can do the job our husbands do but also not every wife can do what we do and not every marriage can survive all this crap either. It makes me feel proud, strong, and special. :-)