Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Nintendo romance!

I am a happy Mom. Why is that so? You see, this is how it is, a few days AFTER Christmas day.............

The boys find their new, brand spankin'...I might add, Nintendo DS-lite's on Christmas morn. The squeals of delight, the chatter of best friends who are brothers, the "oooh-and aaaah's", the joy that Christmas brings on that beautiful morning. Yes. All was right with the world that day. THAT DAY!

We stayed at Bobby's parent's house. The boys would be upstairs sprawled out on their stomach's, their eyes glued to the dual screen, their stylus' primed for action. Ah yes! They, the boys, played the beautiful gleaming white DS' with sheer content. Until............one night Eric's had a glitch. I would say it was about 3 days later, roughly. His game cartridge got jammed in the system. Not telling us or asking for help, he just rips it right out of the game system. Well, that was all she wrote. And for a few more days after that, out of grim-painstaking-FEAR, didn't tell us that it was dead. Matthew fessed up for him. Thank you, Matthew! Yeah, I was pissed. Goodbye $$$$$. Right down the drain. Bobby can't fix it. The prongs, those gleaming, shiny, gold electrical prongs are bent and one possibly broken off. Eeeergh!

So today, after waiting patiently for the holidays to end, I call Nintendo. They can't charge more for the machine, can they? I read up on all the warranty crap. I find out that the most they'll charge is $75...but that is 3/4 of what I paid. So I'm losing it. I don't want to have to buy a new one. So, back to what I was saying....I called Nintendo. I spoke to a very intelligent man named Harold. I'll admit, I sat their wondering if he wore bottle bottom glasses and had a pocket protector. White and nerdy? He was very literate and spoke to me in lay man's terminology. He felt sorry for my plight. A 12 yr. old boy (well, next month he'll be 12) was in dire need of a new DS-lite. Harold walked me through the trouble shooting, he held my hand through the warranty process, he looked into my eyes when he said, "Your warranty will cover your problem." Oh Harold! [sigh] Then he kissed me on the cheek when he told me....."Thank you for calling Nintendo. Call back if you have more questions or problems." No. THANK YOU HAROLD! Then their was a soft "click" as I cradled the phone to my chest. [sigh] Harold, thank you!!

So now, in a few more days, a box with labels will be shipped here. I'll lovingly wrap the broken DS and ship it to Nintendo heaven where they'll breathe life back into the glossy, white DS~lite.

No comments: