Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Just Another Manic Monday

Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream

But I can't be late
'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days
When you wish your bed was already made

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday

Have to catch an early train
Got to be to work by nine
And if I had an air-o-plane
I still couldn't make it on time

'Cause it takes me so long
Just to figure out what I'm gonna wear
Blame it on the train
But the boss is already there

All of the nights
Why did my lover have to pick last night
To get down
Doesn't it matter
That I have to feed the both of us
Employment's down

He tells me in his bedroom voice
C'mon honey, let's go make some noise
Time it goes so fast
When you're having fun

____________________________________________________________________

As of this moment, I have a raging headache.

Today, I started off with a 10.4 mile run. Yea! Then, for some reason I checked my schedule, and there I had written down that I had a WIC appointment. Oh joy. So I took the fast route home from walking Matthew to school. I grabbed Eric's Boy Scout uniform and took that with me too. Since I was going on post, I would head to the alteration shop (conveniently across the street from the WIC office) and had them sew a patch on and fix a litte tear on one of his breast pockets. That alone was an ordeal because they don't take checks, I don't carry cash, and they wouldn't take the credit card if the total was under $5 (my total for the sewing was $3.15). Soooo......I walked over to the ATM machine. It was broken. Great. Told the lady I was walking over to the bank which is also right down the road from the WIC office. So we walked over there. The drive-thru ATM was broken. Again, great. So I walked over to the front and luckily that front ATM's were working. So I got my money, walked back to the alteration shop. We had a 20 minute wait for the sewing. Got that done. Then headed over to WIC. What a waste. I knew heading in there that our chances for WIC renewal was coming to an end. Bobby's promotion had us cut from WIC. We make a whopping $50 too much to qualify. $50 freaking dollars! Oh well. I knew the hammer was coming down soon. Now we have to buy milk. LOL! The other stuff I never normally bought anyway. It was just extra. Anyway, then afterward I went to the local HEB and used the very last voucher I had for Lauren. And now we are home. I think I'm having a sugar crash. After eating my lunch, my head is throbbing and I feel like I could sleep for days. That would be nice. Still have more to do. It's Scout Monday. Oh joy.

No comments: