Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Eric's First Day

Exercise:
6.5 miles=61 minutes, 0-3 incline, 6-7mph

We dropped him off first.

We ride up. I grab the camera. We get out of the truck. Lots of kids milling about the doors...waiting to get in. I take Eric's picture in front of the school's announcements board. I get the "look". That "come on Mom!" look. I guess I was embarrassing him. I couldn't help it. I had to get a pic of my baby's first day of 6th grade. (I still can't post pics until I get that dang cord!) Then the bell rang and they were letting kids in. You see the excitement in his eyes. No more little kid stuff for him. No way! So I hug and kiss him and he was on his way.

As he walks forward, I ask him...."Do you have everything? Your lunch box?"
He replies, "Yes, Mom." As he rolls his eyes towards Heaven.
"Okay," I said. He keeps walking towards the door. I turn and head back to the truck with Matthew and Lauren waiting for me. Then I remember! I look for Eric. He hasn't went in yet. Great!
"Eric!!!!" I yell. He sees me waiving my arms frantically over my head. He again looks up towards Heaven.
"What!!!????" He yells back.
"Come here!" I yell back to him. He walks back to me with a look of disgust.
"What?" He asks.
"Do you know where to go? Which class you need to go to first to get your schedule?" I ask. "Yes." He replies. "The same place we went to on Thursday......on Meet the Teacher night. Room 208."
"Yes. That's it. I wasn't sure if you remembered." I reply.
"Mom, you are going to make me late." He states.
"I'm NOT going to make you late." I state back to him.
" Is there anything else before I walk away?" He says.
"No." I reply weakly.
"Good. Now GO A-W-A-Y!"

I feel so old. I already miss him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't make me cry Sheree!