Monday, August 28, 2006

Rattlesnake!!!!

Just so nobody thinks that the boys and I were in any danger...this thing was hundreds of miles away. This was near Bobby's apartment building. This is what Bobby wrote in the email he sent........

"I came back from buying the Van and this thing was in the middle of the
road. I thought it was dead until it struck the rental car. Eddy called
the police and they showed up pretty quickly. They said it was the
biggest they have seen yet here. They killed it and took the rattles
off. Anyway here are the pictures. I didn't want anybody to come outside
their apartment and get bit."

I was disheartened to learn that it was killed. Yeah, I know it was a poisonous snake but it was a beautiful snake.....that was lost. Why kill it when they could have taken it to a zoo or dropped it off somewhere out in the wilderness. God knows....that's all that is there near Ft. Rucker is a lot of land and trees. They could have let the snake live. Bobby sent the "after" pictures.......after they killed it. It was a gruesome scene......even Matthew asked why they couldn't have just "let it go" somewhere. Yeah, Matthew takes after me........

Let the animals be FREE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel your pain as well.