Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday....Shmooze-day!

Exercise:
10.03 miles=6-8mph, 0 incline, 83 minutes

Okay, I must amend somethings I wrote about the snake. First, I'm no tree-hugger. I just think why kill a perfectly good animal. If you ain't gonna eat it, why kill it? Plus, I just read that these "snakes" are almost extinct. Yeah, I said extinct. This particular species, the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake, are the largest known North American snake. They are harmless, if not bothered. Yes, they have enough venom to kill 6 people with one bite. Just don't bother it and it won't bother you. Yes, they grow up to 6 feet long....(and have been documented to grow larger! Eek!) I just don't believe in killing innocent animals. This particular snake just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Poor thing.

Finally, sweet relief! We have rain. With no rain in close to 2 months and heat over 100 degrees, we've been dry, dry, dry. This rain isn't downpouring, just drizzly. Perfect. Won't flood the land and keeps us nice and cool. I like this. Perfect napping weather. Just want to grab a book and relax.

Last night, was a busy, busy, busy night. I wanted to go to Eric's school's open house but it wasn't in the cards. We had Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts!!! At the same time!! UGH! So we went to cub scouts first. It was round-up. I just really had to sign up Matthew and pay for his registration and dues. I left him so he could play the activities they had set up. His leader watched him for me. Then I drove to the next town and dropped Eric off. Then went back to cub scouts. After his thing was over with, headed back to the other town and waited on Eric. This back and forth thing is going to get tiresome after I've done it a couple of times! Anyway, we had to wait on Eric for only 30 minutes. That wasn't toooooooo rough. I did find out though that Eric has to wear his uniform twice to meetings and then he gets a "board of review". Once that happens.....he gets his new rank!!!! He'll finally be a Tenderfoot. I'm so excited for him. Then it's on to a Scout First Class. He's really looking forward to that.

Lauren is walking better. I'm guessing by next month....she'll be running. Yep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This weather is much nicer!