Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Matthew's First Day

Already depressed from Eric's experience, I trudgingly drive Matthew to school.

We get there and there is no place to park. So I pull up along the street and park. Matthew has a look already of "Why am I here?" He hates school. No! He doesn't hate school....he hates to do work at school. LOL!

He grabs all of his "stuff" and I grab Lauren and the camera. Decided not to take the stroller. Didn't plan on staying long.

We walk amongst the throng of people. All excited parents. Some talking to teachers. Some talking to other parents they knew. Some talking to their crying children who definitely wished they weren't there. We walk among them. The hustle and bustle. Weaving through. We get to his room. It's closed. The room is dark. The teacher is on "duty". Don't really know what that "duty" was but I figure helping the bussed children or directing the lost souls to their classrooms. While we wait, I take Matt's picture in front of the classroom door. Other kids show up...some with parents, some without. It was getting kind of crowded. Then finally Mrs. Munoz shows up. She lets us in. The kids find their desks. Matthew goes directly to his, sits down, puts his "stuff" beside it. He looks so cute. I quickly take a snapshot. Of course, that look appears...."not another one!" I give him a hug and a kiss. I wish him a good day and walk out the door. Lauren and I walk through the throngs of people again. We get lost in the crowd. And disappear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww Sheree...you seem sad (and you have a RIGHT too)! I know how you feel!