Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Change. Change. Change

There is a change in the air.

First, I can smell it in the air. Spring is here. Saturday, Bobby mowed the lawn and the boys vacuumed the truck out. I feel the need to Spring clean. I look around my house and I start making a list in my head of what stuff is "outta here!"

Second, Heidi is gone. Yeah, I'm talking about her again. I love her. Now, we have to figure out how to go about our day without her. She was my companion during the day. Now I'm lonesome without her. So we are talking of getting that "new" dog. It WILL BE another GSD. So, I go about my day looking in online classifieds for German Shepherd puppies, preferably female. And in every ad, I look at these puppies, and their parents, and I look for Heidi in their faces. Then I cry. I don't see her in any of them. Sure, some of them look exactly like her. There are other black Shepherds out there. But I always find something just not "right". The cock of the head, the position of the ears, the look in the eyes....I don't see her. I cry some more. Why do I look for Heidi when I know I won't find her? She was an original. Can't be replaced.

Third, my weight loss has stalled immensely. In fact, I've gained. I won't lie. Yes, a long-distance runner can gain weight. It's called over-indulging in mass quantities. I'm a compulsive eater. I love food. I've got to stop the INSANITY! I sound like Susan Powter. But she was right. I eat right Monday-Friday afternoon, then Friday evening my eating goes to the toilet. Friday night-Sunday (most of the weekend anyway), we eat out. I love buffets. I love the idea of eating for my money. I'm a plate finisher. I get appalled of the thought of leaving food behind on my plate. That habit needs to be remedied.....immediately. So now I must start making plans for change.......

Change......it's nature. We all must make changes for change. Change...got any??

No comments: