Thursday, March 30, 2006

Minutes and Miles...............

I think that I'll be adding my running times and distance to some of my posts. Maybe even calories burned and eaten. I don't know yet. But I do know that since having Lauren, I don't run as long or as often as I used to. Not that I'm lazy but Lauren gets up earlier now and I like to run in the morning when all is quiet and it's slightly dark. It's easier for me to focus. The only light I should see is the console light on the treadmill and the light from the TV that is in front of me. The only noise I should hear is the "whir" of the treadmill belt and the news on that is in front of me. Everything else should be a blur as I run and I focus on the run at hand. There have been times when I get so "high" that I could run forever but I haven't had that in a long time. I would like to have that back.....someday!

Now I'm just lucky to get 40 minutes and 5 miles instead of 80 minutes and 10 miles................

No comments: