Friday, March 24, 2006

Memories.

Last night, before Bobby and I went to bed, we talked. We remembered.

I lay in bed sniffling and remembering something about Heidi and I start crying again. Bobby gets in bed, lies next to me and puts his arm around me, and pulls me close.

I can't remember all we talked about. It's all a blur. It's so surreal.

Bobby does tell me now that he doesn't feel safe in the house without Heidi. Never realized how we depended on her. Oh, she wouldn't hurt a fly but an intruder wouldn't know that. How would you feel breaking into a house and a big, black German Shepherd was in your face? Well, Bobby says she might have literally killed someone. We don't know how she would have reacted to a stranger in the house....she was never tested and never will be. We just know that she loved children, loved people's attention, loved to play, and loved to go on car rides.

"I remember when Heidi.................."

No comments: