Saturday, July 01, 2006

Bloody Friday!

Exercise:
65 minutes, elliptical

It's been a busy, busy, busy morning. UGH! Spent most of our morning at the hospital. My gosh! We got there when the pharmacy opened and it was already busy! Geeeeeeez! We spent in hour there. Theeeeeeen....we went to the laboratory to get my initial blood draw so I can start the progesterone. I think they screwed up! My doctor said to make sure I tell them that I'm there for the first test...not the second. Well....I did. Then I told the phlebotomist too! She looked at me strangely because she said that she has 2 orders here. Uh-oh! So when I got home, I tried calling the laboratory. Why didn't I just stay and talk to the receptionist? Uhhhh.....I already said that place was busy..including the lab. It took 30 minutes for them to call my name and I was only 2 people away from my call number. It was crazy. Lots of preggo women there for their glucose test, I tell ya! Soooo.....I wasn't staying there again to wait. Lauren was already tested above and beyond. Poor thing was bored senseless and she was not going to tolerate more waiting. Back to what I was trying to say.......I tried calling the laboratory. I guess they are so freaking busy nobody can answer the phone. So I call my clinic and asked for the lab there. Again....no answer! I'm fuming. I need to find out if they screwed up and are doing both tests. It won't affect the initial blood screen. They'll just have to throw out the second test, not the first. And if they did screw up, I need to have my doctor order me another test when my 21 days are up. This is a load of crap! UGH!

Thank God it is Friday, or I swear I might go postal! LOL!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

When I was pregnant with Hope and needed a test result they refused to give it to me (which I expected)and said they will not give any results over the phone or any information about any test (if it is complete...etc). Bascially they said they wouldn't talk about anything over the phone other than the hours you could come in for a test.

You may have more frustration ahead...lol. Frustration!? From Darnall!? Noooooooooooooooooooooo! (that was sarcasm...lol)