Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Day!!

Exercise:
7-3-06 65 minutes, elliptical
7-4-06 8 trail laps at park

Well, where have I been? I forgot all about posting on here. I've been posting at my fitness forum site. Need to get back on the ball here.

I spoke to Bobby last night. He said he spoke to his younger brother, Garrett, and he will be flying out for Bobby's graduation next week. Yea! I wonder how we are going to go about doing this. I mean, so that we can all spend time together and how long is Garrett staying....yada, yada, yada.

Lauren has been caught "dancing". Yeah, Eric turned the channel to Sesame Street and they (Elmo and Rosita) were singing this song. So Lauren crawled to the TV and pulled herself up and started doing the "shake your bootay" thing. I have to admit that when the theme song to Martha! comes on she gets all excited and will sway from side-to-side.

Last night, Eric got his first 2 achievement badges!! I freaked out! He earned them from summer camp and I thought he'd get those on the day we celebrated Court of Honor (when the boys progress from a new rank....Eric will go from Boy Scout to Tenderfoot). He got his Reptile badge and his Geology badge. He still has 4 things he has to do to get his Nature badge.

Not going to the Texas Land and Cattle anytime soon. Man! They are expensive. We went Sunday afternoon for lunch. Bad idea. After we sat down, found out that kids eat FREE on Saturday afternoons. UGH! They make a killing at that place. I ended up getting a wedge salad and 1/2 a turkey BLT (minus the bacon). And that was expensive and the cheapest thing I could find to fit a hungry person like me. If we ever go back, only on Saturday afternoons...kids eat free ya know. LOL!

Oh yeah! Bobby's TDY came in! Finally! Now I can pay the gas bill and his hotel bill! Yea! That made my 4th of July!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhhhhhh yeah that place is pricey! I checked them out online before they opened...definatly a place for special occasions.

Was it good though? I mean if you had a special date night and wanted to spend $20 a plate was the place worth it? What is the atmosphere like?

I think I ate ate one in Dallas, or maybe Houston, about 10 years ago. If so then I ordered a well done steak and the waiter wouldn't let me order it, he said prime texas beef was not to be cooked like that. I was so irritated I just ordered a salad.

My parents will be here in 2 weeks and we may go out to it then while it is just the 2 of us...we'll see.

Unknown said...

Sarah, the atmosphere was great! It is cozy and well lit...compared to the Roadhouse which is dark and loud! It is more like a place to go to a special occasions...like the Olive Garden or Red Lobster. Definitely a "date" place!!