Thursday, July 06, 2006

Another Day in the Life of Army Crap

Well, I got an interesting call from Bobby. I swear the Army can really "tick" me off!! Bobby just found out, and he's not for sure, that his orders are WRONG! His orders to Ft. Rucker are PCS (permanent change of station) and now he finds out they, maybe, they were supposed to be TDY (temporary duty). What does this mean to those of you in the civilian world? Well, PCS usually the family moves with but in our circumstance we (the kids and I) stayed because we didn't want to move them around toooo much since we didn't know where we would go after all those courses were done. TDY.....he would be given family separation pay, they'd reimburse his meals and lodging. In other words, we might be getting "screwed". He won't be able to find out until they get back from Georgia. Yeah, they had to fly there today for some reason. So it won't be until next week before he gets some answer.....and that's right before graduation. LOL! How convenient. Jerks!

Today, the repair guy comes to my house and fixes my beloved treadmill. Yes! I can't wait. I'm so excited. I get to re-awaken my "buddy". LOL!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I always heard that the rule of thumb is if it is less than 36 weeks you will be on TDY. But then Jeremy went to AIT for a 2nd time and was gone less than 36 weeks and he had PCS orders! Seriously, is your family gonna move for 22 weeks and then move again? Heck no! What are they thinking! Maybe if we didn't have kids and a lot of furniture then MAYBE I would go with him for something like that.

He tried to get his orders changed and they wouldn't do it. I was so upset over that. PCS orders for a WOCS make even less scence because it is shorter. Good grief.

Jeremy would have gotten the $250 for seperation pay when he went to NTC if he had been gone 30 days. He was gone 29 days. Go figure. .

Unknown said...

Bobby will be there until...maybe February. His last class with be at Ft. Eustis..unless they change that.

WOCS is roughly 6 weeks. Like basic, they graduate. Then after basic, they got to AIT to train in their MOS. Well, after he graduates WOCS, he has to take more courses like AIT. And those courses are broken up into pieces. This where I get confused. I'm not exactly sure how long each course is and when he gets breaks and really don't know for sure how long he'll be there in general.

Anonymous said...

Sheree, I hate that for you! And Feb. is a good while away too!