Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Furor!

Exercise:
Rest day...sort of. Mowed the lawn for 1.5 hours.

Soooo.....the boys have proven yet again that they can be very irresponsible. I'm outside sweatin' bullets, getting grass all over me, I'm a mosquito magnet, getting blisters on my hands from pushing the mower, and trying my darndest to not step in doggy-doo and red ant piles. All they have to do is play with and watch Lauren. That's it. Easy. So you'd think.

I'm tired. I have 3 inches thick of yard filth all over me. I forgot to close the back gate. So I go inside to tell Eric to close it while I am in front cleaning the mower and putting it away. What do I find when I walk in? No boys anywhere around. Lauren is crying. They were in the computer room....so far into what they were doing, didn't even "hear" her. You know that male gene that enables the species to conveniently not hear a thing? OMG! I'm already mad from yesterday. Do they yet want to try me again? So what do I do? I'm roaring. Literally. I'm red all over figuratively and literally (I mean, come on.....I just got done mowing the "@#$%^%*&^" yard.)

They are sooooooo grounded! For 4 weeks originally. After taking my shower, realized, "do I really want to ruin it for myself too?" So they are grounded till I mow the yard again. Let's see if they can prove themselves next time. I have half a mind to go to the movies by myself + Lauren. That'd teach'em! Go see the Pirates of the Caribbean and they can't. (Nana-nana-boo-boo! Tttthhhhhllllllppppppp!!!)

No comments: