Thursday, July 27, 2006

Guilty feelings.....

Exercise:
6.5 miles=4-7.5mph, 0-10 incline, 63 minutes

Guilty feelings, yet again. Why am I such a sucker for black German Shepherds? What does that have to do with my guilt? I have no clue. I just know that I chose Daisy on her physical attributes because they were so close to Heidi's. Well, Daisy is a changin'. Yeah, a changin'. She is black. She has tan paws. But other than that, she is different. She has longer hair around the neck and ears. She is soft where as Heidi was wire-haired. She does not have a white undercoat. She does have a tan undercoat on the top of her head. Weird. And her tan paws, now have a reddish color now. Very weird. And she is timid around strangers, where as Heidi loved to "lick you like a lollipop!" All I know is is this....when I picked her up yesterday....all I could do was think of my Heidi. Don't get me wrong, I was so happy to see Daisy. She was a good girl. But something as routine as a spay gave me a heavy heart.....why? If I hadn't have Heidi spayed, I could have had one of her daughters or sons. And here I am spaying Daisy, too late to change my mind.

On another note: I think my cats are determined to kill Daisy. The opportunity came upon them when I opened the medicine packet for Daisy this morning to give her her pain pill. Well, 30 minutes ago, I found the packet on the floor and the pills gone!!! I called the vet and they said that this one time should not hurt her. They were low doses but might give her diarrhea. Thank God! Those darn cats...or should I say cat (Chinook)...had plans and decided to knock the packet on the floor from the counter. They spilled out....and that was all she wrote! (I just fear that my big fat cat, Ben, might have gotten to them. That would not be good. I guess I'll have to keep a very big eye on him. He's as big as a dog...it might not bother him. Just hope Daisy got all or most of them first.)

No comments: