Monday, July 24, 2006

Nightterrors, Nightmares, and Dreams

Exercise:
7.54 miles=6-8mph, 0-2 incline, 63 minutes

I've been having these awful nightmares lately. Fears, of the worse kind. Most of them have been about Lauren. Weird they have been.

Nightmare #1~
Terrorists invade my house while I'm taking a shower. They break through the door, I grab a towel and wrap it around me. With thick accents, they demand that I make Bobby stop "what he's doing". I tell them I can't. He's not here. They keep telling me to tell him. I keep telling them I can't. Then I start crying. They get angry with me and drag me to the living room. The kids are still asleep. Somehow in my nightmare, we end up in Lauren's room. They point the gun at the temple of her head and keep telling me to stop Bobby. I'm blubbering that I can't. Then I tell them not to kill my baby. Then all I can remember is the click of the gun and I wake up. I'm sweating and crying. Of course, Bobby isn't in bed. It takes me forever to go back to sleep.

Nighmare #2~
The kids and I go shopping. We all get out of the truck and go into the store. I can't remember if it's the PX or WalMart. Anyway, as we are shopping I realize Lauren is not in the cart. I forgot to get her out of her carseat. This is a hot state so I'm sure the cab of the truck is sweltering. So I'm running through the store trying to get to the front door to get outside to my truck. In the back of my mind, I can hear the clock "ticking". I only have so much time. It's hot outside and she'll die. But for some reason, I can't seem to get to the front door. The aisles get longer and I keep taking wrong turns. The clock keeps "ticking". I'm crying trying to get to that door. I have to. "Where is that front door?" The truck is getting hot. Lauren needs me. I can hear her crying wondering where I am. "I'm coming Lauren!" I keep praying to God to help me get to her. I eventually wake up with my heart beating wildly like I'd been running a marathon.

Now during one of my nightmares, something happened once last night. Remember the movie Ghost when Patrick Swayze enters Whoopi Goldberg's body so he can "kiss" Demi Moore? Well, when I woke up after one of those nightmares, there were those amber eyes looking at me. Ears up at attention. That look of "it's okay, I'm right here". The sound of the tail as it thumps with excitement that I'm aware of "her". And then the wet tongue as it gently "kisses" me on the face. It was Heidi....or was it Daisy. Or was it yet another one of my dreams?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

STOP, I can't stand it. Terrible, just terrible. You have to be exhausted Sheree. You need to relax your brain my friend. Geez, I'm sorry...

Sarah said...

Do you think this goes back to Matthew's baby days? That was the first thing that popped into my mind.

I have a re-occuring nightmare too but I am in Iraq trying to find Jeremy and I am running from room to room screaming for him and can't find him. I am in trailors like what he lived in before. I know why I'm having these though and as they say...knowing is half the battle...lol.