Friday, July 07, 2006

The Chase!

Exercise:
7 miles=6.5-7.5mph, 61 minutes, 0-3 incline

Another blurb about THE dog. Yeah, she pushes her luck. It's really hard to not compare her to the best dog of all time. Okay, the best dog of MY time. Hoping to see the good....not the bad! Anyway, Daisy.....is going to get herself shot. If not by me, by someone else. That dang dog went through the screen on the screen door. I didn't even know until Matthew runs out of my room yelling that Daisy is loose. What? Loose? I look out the door and there she is! UGH! She discovered one of the many strays outside that live around us. Possibly because we own 5 cats, they think they belong here too. Puh-lease! So I go outside and use my prettiest singy-song voice to coerce the bad dog back to the house. "Heck no!," she's thinking. She just runs off. I growl out of frustration and hoping that would warn her that a beating is iminent. Nope. Didn't deter her one bit. She just scampers off farther, until......................she saw the dog two houses down. Ahhh! She stops and starts doing the chase along side the fence with this dog...back and forth. Back and forth. "This should be easy," so I thought. No! When she turned to chase the dog along the fence towards me, she would stop and hurriedly side-step around me. My God! She is a shephed dog and can do that. To stop and abruptly change direction if needed to "shepherd" sheep, cows, and other creatures that need to be redirected. UGH! And to top of my day......the neighbors next to me are sitting out on their porch watching the "show". Oh yeah, as I try to grab Daisy, I land on my face! And then I hear a "quiet" chuckle from the scene of debacle. Great. Finally, though, as Daisy tried to make another pass around me, I literally grabbed her muzzle and pulled her to me. She wimpered and whined. I wanted to beat her to an inch of her life. I was that angry. Instead though, I pick up her 40 lb. butt, and carry her to my house...just moments before the repair guys come and fix my treadmill.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my LOL!

Sarah said...

So did she tear a whole in your screen door or just push it open? I had to come back and read to make sure you got her back because someone was just on "freecycle" gicing away an "AKC female GSD" that is 5 months old. That dog must be a serious pain in the ass for them to be giving it away. I would atleast sale it! Anyway, I never finished reading this and when I saw that I thought I better check and make sure you had yours back safe and sound.

Unknown said...

Sarah, yes we still have her. LOL! Puppies are pains in the ass! But like children, have to learn how to be a better part of the family. Just takes a while...and lots of patience!

She pushed the screen part out. Not the door but the screen. It's totally fixable. No holes or tears. Now once she learns to push the door open...UGH...then we'll have a problem because the door doesn't lock properly.

Sarah said...

I'll be the first to admit I don't have the patience. That's what sold me on our Daisy. She was 5 months old and had already been to puppy training and another more advanced obedience class. Her original owners had already potty trained her and gotten her past all her puppy stupidty. All I had to deal with was her digging holes if she didn't get walked enough.

Jeremy wants to breed her and there is no way on earth I want to get into all of that! Then he wants to keep 1 puppy. And who is going to train that 1 puppy? Not me!

So I am going to take her in to get "fixed" once he deploys...muahahahahaha!