Saturday, July 29, 2006

Idiot Neighbors

Exercise:
5.2 miles=45 minutes, 6-7 mph, 0-1 incline

Short but fast run this morning. Okay, shorter run this morning than usual. I had to get as much in with the amount of time I had since I had to get Eric up this morning for his little "outing" with his troop on the Lampassas River. Canoeing. The joys of youth. I'd have liked that. LOL! Well, sort of. It will be a fast trip, I'm told. I have to pick him up before lunch. He won't suffer until then because he took bottled water and a bottle of Chex mix (the bottle doesn't leak in case water gets in their canoes and the Chex Mix is small enough to fit in the mouth of the bottle.)

Now, I must gripe about my neighbor. I'm really trying...I MEAN TRYING...to be nice to them. I just found out that the "original" neighbors got divorced. The wife left with their son. The husband is by himself. Well, he lets his "friend" and her daughter move in with him. Well, the "friend" and her daughter won't leave me the HELL alone! The daughter was constantly borrowing the phone. That's okay...but not 3-5 times a freaking day. NOW....the mother is coming over. I let her borrow the phone. (I was told they were getting a phone line over there. When?????) And then last night, around 8ish, she comes traipsing over to my house to "borrow" money. What??? The "man" that she and her daughter are living with forgot to go by the bank before the bank closed. LOL! There is this thing called an ATM!!!!!!! Duh!!!!!! I'm the phone company, messenger service, and now the freaking bank. Well, I didn't give them money. I have NONE remember. And, if I did, I wouldn't give it to her. I don't think she believed me. Like I care. But I didn't. I never carry cash. That is what my DEBIT card is for. To replace my cash. Errrrrgh! I would really like to have friends around here but I can't because of people like "them!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How rude! I could understand using your phone ONCE, but NEVER ask for money!!! Don't they realize how totally rude that is?!!

Sarah said...

From my experience in THIS neighborhood if you are kind and generous to your neighbors no one ever hears about it (which is fine) but as soon as you say NO the entire neighborhood is talking about you being a bitch and you're getting the cold shoulder.