Monday, June 19, 2006

Apache 2, Daisy 0

Exercise:
66 minutes, ellipitical
*Let me just say, my legs were trembling so bad. I had half a mind to just get on all fours and crawl to the bathroom to take my shower. It was a great kind of leg ache.*

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy. What am I going to do wit her? She can be so sweet but yet so dumb.

The past week, I realized that on her head is a bald spot. At first, my reaction was, "Oh, no! She has some kind of skin parasite. Great." But to my great relief, it looked like her hair was pulled out. Now my concern was...how did that happen? Well, the other night before going to bed, as I always do, I put her in her kennel. I didn't turn on the light. So I didn't see anything. Well, she gladly went into her kennel. I threw in some treats because she was being a "good girl", and zipped it up....shut. I walk out and close the door. I lie in bed....and then I hear her whimper loudly like she hurt herself. I didn't check on her...thinking to myself that she was making that noise to get me to let her out. She has made noises before just for me to do that. So...I ignore her and I went to sleep.

Well, it's morning. My alarm goes off. I go start the coffee maker. I take my vitamins. And THEN.....I walk back to my room and go to the bathroom. As I get in the door, I hear some rustling. It's Daisy ready to be let out......so I thought. I turn on the light and look into her kennel. And who do I see? It's an orange ball of fur with evil glowing green eyes staring at me. A very angry orange fur ball. I immediately let Apache out. Now how in the heck did he get in there? He is Daisy's arch nemesis. And they were both cramped together in the same kennel....for 8 hours straight. Oh my God! So, as he hurries to be free of the containment, I check Daisy. Oh, and lo and behold! What do I see? Yet another bald spot! Uh-oh! Right next to the other bald spot. And on the floor of the kennel.......the said missing hair. Discovery made. Apache has the ability of biting hair off of Daisy's head. So that sound I heard the other night, the whimper I heard......was the pain of having Apache rip a ball of it off her head. Poor Daisy. And do you think that would deter the dog from "playing" with Apache? No.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

To my dismay Lynn, my cats sleep in her kennel when she is outside. So that night, he was in there when I put her to "bed". I guess I closed the kennel too fast for him to make his escape. LOL! He might not have claws...but his teeth sure do make up for it. What is so funny is that the hair is missing...but no blood.

Anonymous said...

LOL that's too funny, but poor Daisy! Have you figured out how in the heck Apache got in there?

Anonymous said...

Oh nevermind I didn't read your last post...lol.