Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Come!

Yeah right! Stupid puppy! We are having a hard time teaching her this command. She'll come when she wants too.

You let her outside to do her "business", you wait, she's done, you tell her to "come". She looks at you with a "twinkle" in her eye and "wild hair" up her butt. She takes off. You call "come". She stops, cocks her head to the side, her ears flop over. You move toward her and as you reach to grab her....she takes off. Errrr! You wait. Again, "come", as you think of ways to beat the living daylights out of her. Again she stops. She wags her tail, she lowers the front of her body as her "tail end" is up in the air. Oh, she is just enjoying this. Stupid puppy! I walk up the stairs to the back door. She follows. I open the door and grab a puppy treat that I have conveniently sitting by the door. I show it to her. She gets closer. I reach to grab her. She jumps off the lower step and "away she goes". Argh! Kill the puppy! I've given up on the chase. "Fine. Stay outside" I think to myself. And as I go inside she follows me. She sits by the door. And she waits for her treat (because she sat by the door which I've been training her to do). I give it to her. She walks inside...."as easy as you please". Yeah, she's gonna die today. LOL!

No comments: