Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Puberty in Public

Exercise:
10.12 miles=7-8mph, 80 minutes, 0 incline

Eric, God love him. God love his naivete.

It was Friday. We go on our ritual Cici's Pizza night. At Cici's, you pay before you attack the buffet. As I am writing my check...Eric, with chest puffed out, hands on hips,...announces that he is going through puberty. UGH! Where is the nearest hole you can bury yourself into? The girl looks up with dismay as Eric grins the most toothiest smile he can having lost a few in the past few days. I sort of give her a lop-sided smile and through my teeth, I mutter....."He just saw the tape today at school." She replies with an "oh!" and we quickly grab our cups and plates and try to blend with the dinner crowd. And forget that it ever happened.

While at our table, once Eric finally found the Alfredo cheese pizza, we tell him as politely and quietly as we can that you just don't tell strangers that you are going through puberty! He asked, "Why?" So we explain about "certain" body parts without trying to embarrass ourselves. Eric replies, "That's just gross!" So now mums the word. Puberty hasn't been mentioned in public again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a time huh?!

Unknown said...

He's still puffed about it. I guess in a way...this means he's grown up. Since...he's taking showers every morning and dowsed in deoderant and body spray. (Was told about body chemistry and how our body odor changes...and how boys start to smell...etc.) Now he's smellin' good for the "ladies". LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! I bet you feel a whole lot better now don't you? LOL!

Just a little sarcasm...I honestly bet you dread this whole "puberty" change!