Friday, May 26, 2006

The Partaking of Fat and Sugar

Exercise:
7.03 miles=63 minutes, 6-7mph, 0-3 inclines

Man, oh man! I stood on my treadmill and thought that I really didn't want to run. I really didn't. I was jealous that all the men in this house get to sleep in. Why don't I? Because I've been overweight and lost most of it....and they haven't. I hope Lauren will never have to go through that. Right now she is "skinny Minnie".

But anyway, I did do it. The first 20 minutes is always the hardest. That is when most people give up. Don't! That is when you body adjusts and goes into "fat burn" and the adrenaline kicks in and you get that "high".

Well, last night....or should I say late yesterday afternoon we went to CiCi's Pizza. I only had 4 slices but I over-"partook" of the brownies and cinnamon rolls. Mmmm! Oh, and Matthew had to bring home all the cookies that I bought for his class! What??? The teacher could have kept them for herself or given them in goody bags or something. But don't give those unhealthy things back to me! Please don't. But she did. So now I have a butt-load of generic Oreo's and chocolate chip cookies sitting on my kitchen table.....just "screaming" at me to eat them. Can't you hear them? My God! Okay, I admit. I OVER-"partook" of the chocolate chip cookies. I couldn't help it. I really didn't.

Then last night, we had family night. Instead of playing Life or Monopoly, it was too late and those games would have lasted forever, we chose to play cards. Go Fish!, that is. And I must say that was the most fun I have had in a long time. How could a plain jane card game be so much fun? I don't know. We played two games before going to bed. Maybe it was the antics of Eric and Matthew...they were so goofy. LOL! But I will say, I wouldn't mind playing again tonight.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I need to send Kaleb to your house then! LOL! I tought him how to play go fish a few weeks ago and now he is obsessed with it. At exactly 7:16AM Kaleb came in my bedroom (where I was half asleep) with a deck of cards in hand and he said "mommy when you wake up can we play go fish?"