Monday, May 01, 2006

The Desperate, The Grumpy, and The Broke

Exercise:
7.62 miles=7mph-8mph, 61 minutes, 0 incline

Did anyone watch Desperate Housewives last night? I always do. That show always leaves me laughing or shocked but has never, ever, ever left me in tears. Last night's episode showed Gabriel having her baby taken away because the "birth" mother changed her mind and wanted the baby back. Through many episodes, we've watched Gabriel grow up and LOVE this child. As I watched them take the baby, I imagined it to be Lauren. I was sobbing. It was awful. I knew how Gabriel felt. I couldn't stand the thought of someone taking my baby away. UGH! I just couldn't believe it. And to watch the next few episodes of Gabriel without the baby is going to be more heart-wrenching.

This morning, Lauren woke up early again. This time it was only an hour early but enough to cut my planned 10-miler today to only a bit over 7 miles. UGH! Since I didn't run at all yesterday, I felt the need for an extra few today. Well, that was scrapped. I'll try again tomorrow. I hope my legs and heart will be into it. But, back to Lauren. I don't know if it's teething, allergies or a combination of both. She is grumpy.....didn't take more than a few 30 minute "cat" naps yesterday which just made it worse. She woke up with a slight fever this morning. I gave her some grape flavored Tylenol. I'll probably give her some more later before her scheduled nap and see how that goes. She is acting like she is tired now but I can't let her take the nap now or the whole schedule will be off. Oh, hell no!

Saturday, we AREN'T going to the air show. Bobby and I decided we could skip that. We only have 4 weekends left together before he heads out to Alabama. Oh joy. Plus, we really need to save money here. It's dwindling dramatically.....damn gas prices. I swear if we didn't live out in the boonies Bobby would be bike riding. We like to go places than sit at home and our vehicles sure love the taste of petroleum. Geez, we are going to Scarborough Faire and that is 2 freaking hours away. UGH! We just have to do what we have to do..........and that sucks.

No comments: