Saturday, May 27, 2006

It Felt Like a Saturday

Exercise:
6 miles=65 minutes, 0-10 incline, 4-7mph

Today, I wasn't all into running this morning. I've exercised for 5 straight days because I took Sunday for a rest day and Monday I felt sick to my stomach. So today it was lots of walking and jogging. I ran maybe 10 minutes out of the whole thing.

We weren't home much yesterday. We went and saw the movie X-Men: The Last Stand. It was good but not great. I was so mad that they killed off some very important characters. I don't remember that in the comics. But I was pleasantly surprised to realize that Kelsey Grammar was the Beast. LOL! He did a good job too. We were going to the see the very first movie. But when we got there, the parking lot was busy. Uh-oh! I couldn't believe it. When we got in line, the first movie and the second were already sold out. Dang it! So we bought tickets for the 12:30pm show, went home to eat lunch, and then came back. Uh-oh, again! The parking lot was then so full that we had to park out in the boonies! I've never, ever, ever had to do that! Then when we got into the theater, we had to sit in the second row. IN THE FRONT! My God. Now that sucked!

Well, we got home. Boys went out to play. Bobby goes online and discovers that the dress shirts he ordered haven't been shipped. Um, now he panicks. So I tell him we should just go see if we can find some in these rinky-dink army shops. (We have to agree that "this place" should have more decent army shops. They don't. Where as Ft. Campbell, which is a smaller post comparative to this one, has some "rockin'" army shops.....Eagles of War and the US Cavalry. When clothing and sales doesn't have it, someone should. Not here.) Well, we lucked out, and went to...can't remember the name...a "rinky-dink" and he found everything he needed. So, we didn't have to worry about that. We come home and he cancels his order that he previously made. But later, around 7pm, I realize that while we were out and about, we forgot to get his dress uniform. Darn it! Now Bobby is peeved! So hopefully, this morning, alterations will be open so he can pick it up...just so he can drop it back off again with his patches!!

Anyway, later that evening, we pulled out the old Monopoly and we played a game for an hour before the boys went to bed. As usual, Matthew won. Kid has a lucky "streak" or something. On his 7th birthday, he won 3 Nintendo Gamecubes. He just seems to win. I know he doesn't cheat. He does lose sometimes but wins most of the time. Weird.

Anyway, that was most of our day yesterday. Today, my Mom comes down and is visiting and will stay until tomorrow.

That is all for now. Ta-ta till then.

No comments: