Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Purple Collar People Biter?

Exercise:
A stroll along the walking path at the park....approximately 1.25 miles. We had to stop because Daisy was getting "lazy".

Well, I didn't run. I got dressed. Did the normal routine. Then thought to myself..."This is a holiday. Most people take time off and enjoy holidays. Why can't I?" So, I turned around, after drinking my coffee and my usual stuff, and got back in bed. I slept in until 6:45am!!! That is late for me. I got the "brood" up and we all went down to the park. They had a Memorial day parade. They were supposed to have a whole bunch of stuff going on but there was nothing else. No jumping contraptions, no booths, nothing. In the paper it looked like it would have been a "big" deal. Even the parade was approximately..what?..2 seconds long. LOL!

Anyway, we brought Daisy with us too. We have discovered that she is very "leary" of people. She growled at my Mom. She was hesitant with Bobby's brother but was okay with his parents. She was all happy with Brett and Breanne. So when we went to the park and all the people who saw her were like, "Look at the cute puppy. Can we pet her?" Sure, we say. Well, she would start to cower and hide. She growled at a few people. THE TOTAL OPPOSITE OF HEIDI. Totally! Where as Heidi loved to be loved by people. She loved people's attentions. She was, as I called it, aggressively happy. If you didn't give her attention, she'd take it from you. Not Daisy. She's content to hide under your feet. The only time she didn't growl was when this "little girl", about 2-3 years old, came to her. Daisy was still fearful but let the little girl touch her. Yes, Daisy needs some serious people socialization....BIG TIME! We don't want a people biter. No way, no how.

No comments: