Friday, May 05, 2006

Mean Aunt Sheree

Exercise:
7.3 miles, 62 minutes, 0-1 incline, 7-8 mph

Headache X 2=1 niece and 1 nephew. Like that equation. How about? 1 puppy + 1 baby + 1 niece +1 nephew=total chaos. Or how about? 1 Mom + 1 Aunt=1 wish for a nap.

My gosh the day has started off on the wrong foot. I was running on the treadmill and my niece wakes up. I tell her to go back to bed....it was 5am after all. Well, she didn't. She pulled everything out of their dresser drawers and night stand. UGH! I went postal. I couldn't believe she did that. Then while I was in the shower, she pours herself a drink. Red PowerAde. Everywhere. Thankfully it was everywhere in the kitchen...not the living room. And, yet I'm still finding "spots" here and there. UGH!

Now it's the afternoon. Being the good Aunt that I am, I take them to the park. We get there, they play, and then SHE starts a fight. Well, a 4 year old version anyway. She starts calling another little girl names, then she plays rough, and then the "straw that broke the camels back".....she starts kicking the little girl. Again, I go freaking postal. And to top that, it was in front of the little girl's mother. UGH! I call her to me. I make her sit down. Brett follows, he thinks he is in trouble too. I send him back. He won't without his "sister". UGH! He is such a big baby sometimes. Can't do anything without her and she is the younger one. Maybe he was protecting her...but then they've always had each other. Anyway, I send him back. She is in time out. I, of course, lecture her. Do you know what that little brat did? I could murder her. She tells me that I'm NOT HER MOM. Duh? And that when time out is over she'll kick the little girl again. HUH? What? So she is done for the day....and we'd been there what? 5 minutes. We didn't stay for no more than 3o minutes I guess. Brett couldn't enjoy himself without his "sister". Oh then she tells me on the way home that she wants to go to Burger King. No! Then she proceeds to tell me that I am supposed to since Nana said I would. No! Nana was wrong if she said that and I'm sure she didn't. Then she tells me to go to McDonald's because she had no fun and it's fun there. No! I tell her it was her fault that she had no fun. Let's just say it's the battle of wills with her. She tries my patience with every turn...but she doesn't realize I don't give in....AT ALL. She can't play until she eats....and that means everything. I know, I know most of my "friends" are saying I shouldn't do that....childhood obesity and all that Ummm...she says she wants it. Then she takes 2 bites if that and says she doesn't want it and then wants something else and the whole process starts over. I'm not doing that. Nana gives in. I'm the mean Aunt Sheree and she will do what I say. She is 4 going on 5 and is the most brattiest, meanest, most selfish child I have ever witnessed. This is why my boys HATE this cousin. I don't blame them. I just hope that Nana finally gets a backbone with her or mean Aunt Sheree "breaks" this awful personality. Oh, it isn't just me. She gets bad reports from pre-K for hitting or kicking "her friends" or mouthing off at the teachers. No, I will nip this in the bud now. Even if it is just at my house. My house, my rules. Too bad, so sad. And Brett, Heaven help him. He's so sweet, but so loud! And he is terribly overprotective of his sister. They don't have friends they can play with on the street....not a very child friendly environment. Bobby's parent's chose this place for a reason....not knowing that a few years down the road they would be "raising" their oldest son's children. Long story.

Anyway, right now, Breanne is walking aimlessly through my house for something to do. I'm sure she'll find something to annoy me with. My house isn't very girl friendly at the moment.....Lauren is still just a baby. It's mainly LEGO's, Star Wars, video games, and pirate stuff. No dolls, Barbies, that type thing. I'd better go check on her. You know what they say about "idle hands"...........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she needs spanking not just a "Time Out."

Anonymous said...

Lol Kim, I'm w/ya! But I know it's different when it's not your kids.

Unknown said...

Oh, if she was mine....it would have been done. But Kim remember..way back when??? I don't want any reason for that to happen again...if you get my drift!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making my morning a little bit better with this great article!!