Saturday, May 20, 2006

On My Pedestal

Britney Spears

Yeah, I'm talking 'bout her. I'm no fan. Will never be. But I'm just "up in arms" about the publicity turned on her lately. A new post says she stumbled and almost dropped the baby. Okaaaaaaay. So how does that relate to her being a bad mother? That would have been an A-C-C-I-D-E-N-T!!! Okay. She drove with Sean in her lap. That was justifiably STUPID. She is driving with her carseat forward. I don't know California law. My carseat says I can either have it rear OR forward facing. So whatever her carseat said is what she is going by. I'll admit I don't know every state law in my state. I MIGHT be breaking one. Heck, if I know. What I'm trying to say is...she is a new MOM. We, females, weren't given the absolute on child-rearing. Trial and Error. Isn't that what it's all about? She is young and will make LOTS of mistakes and will make some with the new baby she is now pregnant with. People! Give her some slack and leave her alone! From ONE MOM to the NEXT MOM.

Now, I'm stepping down.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ok a little off topic but let me save you a ticket! Whether the car seat CAN face rear or front it has to face rear until Lauren is 1 year old AND 20 pounds. Even if she hits 20 pounds before 1 it has to be rear facing til her birthday. Or vice versa. Olivia was in an infant car seat til she was 1 1/2 because she was only 17 pounds on her first birthday.

Usually if you were pulled over they would give you a warning but if you got a cop/mp in a bad mood it is something they can ticket you for. Or that is what the MP's doing the safety inspection said.

I just took my van to one of those car seat inspections days on post that the MP's do and they told me all about it. Hope is a chunk and she hates her car seat and really really hates facing rear soooooooo I asked all about it. Texas laws keep kids in booster seats longer than some states too.

Hard to believe but Kaleb is still suppose to be in a booster seat. Can you imagine? The MP said that since he meets the height requirment it would be ok but ...good thing. Can you imagine sticking a kid his age in a booster seat. I had to put Hannah in one though. SHe doesn't like it but I don't want to pay that ticket (up to $500).

Oh and I heard that about Brittany too. Unless she tripped because she was drunk or on crack...who cares. I slipped in a puddle of water in my hall way a few months ago and Hope nearly went skidding down the hall with me. I broke her fall but only by the skin of my teeth.