Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ramble On

Exercise:
6.5 miles=6-7mph, 0-3 inclines, 61 minutes

Ran a slow one today. I wanted to take a day off but since we are going camping this weekend...those days will be my rest days. So a slow run day, was better than nuttin'.

Right now, I'm going through my head what we can eat while we are camping. Ugh! I just don't want to bring prepackaged food. I guess Bobby and I'll start making a menu of what we'll eat. I don't know if we are having a communal fire, or if we'll make our own fire. Are their barbecues there? I've heard that some of these campsites do. We really don't know how this cub scout camping trip is supposed to lay out. I guess we'll just bring "everything" than not enough of "everything". Better safe than sorry. Oh joy.

Eric called me this morning. The ding-dong forgot his choir shirt. Today they have a field trip to a skating rink somewhere around here. They will, of course, sing but get to skate too. I gave him some money in case the pizza doesn't fill him up. I think they only get 2 slices....and I know that won't be enough....especially since it's PIZZA. While I was at the school, he gave me a permission slip. As I was reading it, grief washed over me. It was a permission slip for the "talk" they get at school before they cross-over into Middle School land. You know the "talk" and movie they show.....about "changes". Ewww! I can already see his face all scrunched up. It says I can go...but do you really think he wants his "Mommy" there when they are talking about boy "changes". LOL! I'll save him the embarrassment. LOL! Then I walked into the Nurse's office to grab their vaccination records. Good Grief! Why does the Army make my life a living hell? This was so simple. Why can't they just call up the school or call up Ft. Campbell, as a matter of fact, and get this information themselves? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. It's a privacy act issue. But when has that stopped the government? And Ft. Hood has the right to have our info transferred from Ft. Campbell to their data records...don't they? Aren't the hospitals like wired on the same system or something? That would be too easy to do....and save our guys from going through "holy hell" getting the hard copies. Like I said too easy. And the government couldn't have that..can they? LOL!

No comments: