Friday, May 05, 2006

Top Brass

Exercise:
7.53 miles=6.5mph-8mph, 0-1 incline, 63 minutes

A good night for the family, I think. Eric's choir played for the final time last night. The end of the year concert. So many songs. Two from the Sound of Music. One written by Babyface. One they sang in Swahili....and then sang in English for us to understand. It was really nice.

Now Eric had a hard time controlling body movements. He kept fidgeting. Scratch of the head, rubbing of the nose, rubbing of the eye....over and over. Drove me nuts. He might have been nervous. Whatever it was....it's on video now.

After the concert, I had to drop Eric and Bobby off at the Middle School. They were having some function that for those who chose band as their primary elective had to go up there so they (the school) could determine what instrument you were better for. Well, Eric, it seems, will be playing in the brass section. From what Bobby told me, he was good at the clarinet and the saxophone (I played that in middle school), but he was better at the brass instruments. I think Bobby was hoping he would choose the French horn....but Eric told me this morning, as a matter of fact, that he wants to play trumpet. So trumpet it is. LOL! Then, Bobby tells me this morning that this school district is SOOOOO RICH that we don't have to rent the instruments. The school district will provide them. And they aren't the run-down kind either. Bobby was going on and on this morning about the French horn and a special "gadget" on them that make them more expensive and the district gets those. Huh? Amazing!! That had me worried since we are financially struggling. If I had to go to the plasma center and give every freaking month, I guess I would have just so Eric could play. Thank You KISD!!

Eric, the band geek........LOL!

No comments: