Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Sad Day In The Life

Exercise:
Saturday~7.0 miles
Sunday~none (I was rudely interrupted when a 7 month old squawker woke up 2 hours tooooo early and wouldn't go back to sleep. Early morning indeed!)

Yesterday, wasn't a busy morning. Just filled. I did my walk/jog/run. Surfed the net afterward. We went to the PX to cash a Circuit City rebate check, Matthew got a haircut (Eric wants to grow his out long...and we said he could. Can't wait to see how that turns out.), got my hair trimmed and eyebrows waxed, shopped at WalMart, went out to eat at the Chinese buffet, took a mini-nap, watched TV, did a bit of laundry, snacked here and there (bad, bad Sheree), and didn't too much for the rest of the day....pretty much.

Then the hammer dropped...we got a call from Bobby's Mom (Nana). Bobby's Uncle (Bobby's Dad's brother and only sibling) died in his sleep. At this time, we don't know what he died of. I'm told he had high blood pressure but the man never went to the doctor...so we don't know if that was it. Anyway, as I was talking to Nana, Pop-pop was packing and on his way to New Mexico. I feel so bad for everyone all around. Jayla just got married last month and now her Daddy is gone. Gramps and Great-Grandma lost a son. Pop-pop lost his brother. I don't think we are going to the funeral. This week is pretty much laid out for the boys activities and Bobby is going to be starting his out-process from here so he can move to Alabama for WOC school. I'm just sad. It's got to be hard for the Miller-side of the family right now.

Today, well, nothing is planned or set in stone. I didn't get to run. Lauren woke up just as soon as I was getting my water and lay the treadmill down. I couldn't believe it. I went into her room and she was wide awake. I don't know what woke her. I fed her and laid in bed with her and was in a "lucid" kind of sleep while nursing her. You aren't awake but yet aren't completely asleep either kind of thing. I was hoping she would fall back asleep but didn't. So our day started early. I hate this kind of day where my routine is now 2 hours earlier than usual which makes my day long....in a way....and throws the natural order of things off. As I'm writing, she is in a "Barney trance." LOL! I love that dinosaur. I don't know what is with that show but every child gets "it". The show gives me a chance to catch up here and clean the living room.

Sorry this post was so boring but....that is how my weekend has been so far. Boring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Sheree!! Your family is in my prayers!