Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Litter Mates??

Exercise:
NONE! (I know, I know. I should have ran or something. But I was so tired. It was a rough night last night. I was going to go walking at the nearby park this morning after taking Daisy to the vet but Mother Nature kicked that to the curb!)

Today, I took Daisy to the vet. It was time for her two week boosters. Done. While there, the veterinarian called my puppy and my infant daughter....litter mates! LOL! Okay? I guess they are in a way. They share their toys. They even fight over the same bowl of puppy food. (Yes, Lauren knows exactly where the puppy food is and will even get mad at Daisy if Daisy wants to eat while her hands are already in the bowl. Lauren definitely has sharing issures already. LOL!)

I guess you can say that Daisy is protective of Lauren. She stands by as I feed her. She cleans her when I'm not looking. They "play" with each other. (Yes, Daisy can get a little rough but I try to keep that too a minimum. It won't be long before Lauren is the one "rough housing".) They are pretty much the same size....so I guess they are litter mates in Daisy's eyes. The veterinarian said this was a VERY good thing. Why? Because what we have here is a puppy who will grow with Lauren....and will probably lay down her life if that ever was called for. And, in my eyes, that is the most awesome gift for a Best Friend to do.........

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is how our Daisy and Olivia are. Olivia was just crawling when I got Daisy and they were babies together. Daisy isn't protective of the rest of us but she is very protective of Olivia. I'm sure that dingy dog thinks they are sisters! I always popped her on the nose if she went to lick Olivia as a baby so now she just nuzzles Olivia and lays her head on her shoulder like she is giving her a hug! The definatly love each other.