Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Just A Few Things

Just a few things that I have noticed. A few things that have given me a "wee" bit of room, in my heart, for Daisy. I'll admit that when we got Daisy I wasn't IN LOVE with her. She wasn't Heidi and I resented her for that. I know I picked a dog that looked almost exactly how Heidi looked as a puppy. I couldn't help it. I was still yearning for MY dog. Daisy annoyed me. I wanted her to be exactly how Heidi was. Time had gone by and I had "forgotten" that Heidi did those same things too....as I was so reminded. Heidi ate "kitty-cat hors d'oeuvres". Heidi played in the water bowl. Heidi chewed on the carpet or anything she could get her teeth wrapped around. Yes, they had some very close characteristics of each other. That wasn't good. But now, I see Daisy. Daisy definitely has a different personality. Daisy is very vocal. She likes to torment the cats. (Heidi was afraid of them, especially Ben. Even as an adult.) She likes to torment Matthew. (Matthew was Heidi's favorite...but then when we got Heidi, Matthew was 3. Heidi liked to torment Eric.) At the vet, Daisy growled at them all. LOL! Daisy is already potty trained, we think. (Heidi was almost 3-4 months old when she finally "got" it.) Daisy is different. Yes, I see a bit of Heidi in her but I think that is just the German Shepherd Dog characteristics I see. I can't wait for Daisy to get bigger and smarter and we get to see "all" of the "true" Daisy.

Heidi still lives down deep in my heart.............

No comments: