Sunday, April 02, 2006

Daisy Duke!

This isn't about the woman who we fondly remember wearing the short shorts (hence the name Daisy Dukes) and bikini tops on a 1970's redneck TV series....

No! This is about my new................PUPPY! We got her yesterday in Dallas!!! She is a very cute black fur ball with a white chest point and tan markings on her feet, neck and ears. Eric is the one who came up with Daisy (it wasn't on our way home that I realized that Sarah's dog is named Daisy also....LOL!)

Yesterday morning, again, I started searching classified ads in the paper and, again, NOTHING. What I could find were princes and princesses from long lines of king and queens whose owners were wanting arms and legs and first born children. That ain't happenin'. So, I started looking in the bigger cities classifieds. So I look up the Dallas Morning News online and scroll through and there were gobs and gobs of listings for German Shepherds and GS mixes. So, again, I narrow my search field to AKC. The second posting was perfect. They had 8 FEMALES for a very reasonable price.....($50 more than what Heidi was). So I call them up. The lady was shocked that I called because they had just put the ad in the paper Friday. We called Saturday. And it wasn't supposed to be in the paper till Sunday. LOL! Well, online it was already posted. LOL! What was even weirder was that she was only 15 miles from Bobby's family. LOL! We made an appointment to visit them yesterday afternoon. So we call Bobby's parents to them know we are driving up. Then an hour later...we were driving to get our newest addition.

We get there (to the owners house) and saw the "parents". The sire was a full, very large black GSD. The mama, was a very light tan w/black saddle back...but had Heidi's face. Very pretty she was. And then there they were....in a makeshift pen. Big balls of black and tan fur. Kind of reminded me of the episode in Star Trek of the creatures that kept multiplying....those cute balls of fur. Remember? LOL! Daisy, I chose. She had a slightly longer coat....but she came up to me and looked up and then licked my ankle. Or maybe she chose me. But in the end, she came home with us.

So before going home, we stopped off at the PetsMart in Grand Prairie (I don't think I can go to the one in Killeen for awhile since that is where Heidi's vet clinic was and where she was........you know.) We got her a purple collar, some puppy Science Diet, some training treats (Oh yes! She will be trained!) and a chew rope for now.

Now last night was torture. The crying! Not Lauren, that is for sure! I couldn't sleep with all the commotion. Thank God, I decided today would be an exercise rest day. There was no way this tired body would be able to get up and do it. We put her in our bathroom because we didn't want her to wake Lauren (wouldn't that defeat the purpose?). She was in her kennel all night. We are kennel training her which is easier to potty train at the same time. Oh, but the whining would never end! I gave up, took the box fan (I can't sleep without it!) with me into the living room, closed our bedroom door (Bobby can sleep through a tornado, I tell ya!) and slept on the couch. That was like 12:30am last night. I got about 4 hours sleep I think. I don't think I fully slept. LOL! Oh, but we knew this would happen. I just forgot how long it took for us to get Heidi to stop "whining and crying" in the kennel. It's been so long.

I need more coffee! Is there enough coffee in the world to stop a "no-sleep" headache?

Picture of Daisy will be posted later...........

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Tribbles. The fur balls on star treck are called tribbles and the episode is called "The Trouble with Tribbles." I am the child of a "treckie" so I know all this useless Star Treck trivia.

Unknown said...

Ahhh! Yes, that is what they are called.

Bobby knows these things, I think, and he's away helping a friend build a roof overhang for their front door or I would have asked him. Now if it was on "The Next Generation or DS9".....

Anonymous said...

Oh Sheree-I am thrilled for your family--also, I am thrilled for Daisy, she has come to a wonderful family!!