Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring forward!

Exercise:
65 minutes, 7.3mph-8mph=8.26 miles (should have kept going....)

Poooo! I don't like this "time-change". Last night, we went to WalMart and when we got home it was time to go to bed! I didn't like that at all. My schedule was blown to bits. Like it isn't already with the new "baby" in the house. The boys didn't have time to take their baths. So Eric took his last night and Matt took his this morning. I didn't have time to give Lauren hers and barely had time to feed her. She didn't go to sleep until 9pm! UGH! Which would have been 8pm if we didn't "spring forward!" Stupid.

It was bad enough that I had trouble going to sleep because of the "time-change" but having the new "baby" crying most of the night didn't help either. Imagine: Puppy in small pet carrier loaded with a chewy and a small "lovey" toy, put in the shower with door closed, bathroom door closed with thick towel underneath to keep noise to minimum. Then.....a large box fan next to large queen size bed on my side of bed at maximum speed (again to keep puppy "whining" level to minimum). Obviously didn't work because I could still hear her. UGH! I'm just sound sensitive. Never used to be that way..but am now.

This morning, dreaded going to bathroom because I had to go pee and get dressed for my run. Well, I did go in there and she "went NUTS". I got dressed in a hurry (didn't get to put my NIKE's on), picked her up, got my breast pump (you know the drill), and took her outside. Yeah, I went outside with my boob hanging out so I could pump my breast while the dog used the "potty". (I'm on time management here people. Got so much time to get stuff done before I run so I can get as many miles as I can before Lauren wakes. I feel like the Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland...so much to do with so little time.) Thankfully because of the time change it was pitch black outside! Anyway, that got done. After the "potty" break, I bring her inside and she is "off-the-walls" wanting to play. Doesn't she know that I have things I have to do? She is tearing into my socks, nipping my heels, yipping and yapping, just all out excited! She was crazy. LOL! Well, she did get Bobby out of bed. I didn't have to do that over and over again. On a good note: The time change did let me run without worrying about her waking. She had at least another 30-45 minutes before she woke that is why I could have kept going but I had to get ready for a WIC appointment. Soooo....................

No comments: